I love food, obviously who doesn’t?! I really feel as if The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) or P-Dub, as I like to call her always has the best ideas She has never steered me wrong.
One of my family’s favorite and cost effective things to do is to picnic at the pool or hangout outside a concert while we enjoy a an easy meal. Since I have littles something to make ahead of time is key! One of my favorites is an adaptation of P-Dubs grilled veggie sandwich. It calls for grilled veggies and a soft French roll.
- 4 French sand which rolls
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 zucchini
- 1lb Chicken strips
- Cream cheese with chives
- Dijon mustard
- Sliced dill Pickles
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- Onions (optional)
- Place chicken in a ziplock bag with balsamic vinegar and black pepper and marinate for a few hours if you have time.
- Heat pan at medium heat and add ghee or extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove seeds from red bell peppers and slice.
- Slice zucchini and onions thin 1/4 inch thick
- Grill veggies about 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and set to the side to cool.
- Using the same pan add extra oil or ghee to pan and grill chicken strips about 5-6 minutes on each side. Remove when fully cooked (slide largest chicken strip in half and look for clear juice)
- Slide bread in half.
- Smear cream cheese on one side and Dijon mustard on the other.
- Layer veggies, Chicken and pickles.
- Serve and enjoy or wrap in clear plastic wrap and enjoy later and even the next day.
These sandwiches really are better the following day! Green bell peppers are just as good and even a grilled pineapple can take this sandwich to another level! Whatever way you enjoy it will be amazing!