I am proud to say that the three lessons I learned almost four years ago are still very true in my life today. 1) My children do not need expensive outings to be entertained or feel they get quality time with us 2) I still use Greek Yogurt as a sour cream substitute in everything (I even add them to smoothies for extra protein) 3) My day is always better when I start with a smoothie and a workout… although currently 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant and only doing squats and modified lunges, the girls and I love getting outside for a walk or bike ride right after breakfast.
Written July 20th, 2015
Three Lessons that I have learned this week-
1) Toddlers are easily entertained- Peter piper pizza can be fun, overstimulating and expensive. My kiddos were the happiest while eating ice cream and playing with balloons.
2) Greek yogurt is a great substitute for sour cream- I tried Greek yogurt in many recipes and I am convinced it is a grade a substitution! I made pioneer woman’s sour cream enchiladas. Recipe here: White chicken enchiladas
3) My day is better when I start with a smoothie and a workout! I have gotten braver when it comes to my nutri-bullet smoothies! I’ve been adding mushrooms and beets! I love our nutri-bullet, it is still making us popsicles, smoothies and my matcha-lattes. They are so affordable now. Get the one I wish I had here.
Beets are highly nutritious and “cardiovascular health” friendly root vegetables. Certain unique pigment antioxidants in the root as well as in its top-greens have been found to offer protection against coronary artery disease and stroke, lower cholesterol levels within the body, and have anti-aging effects. Nutrition and You
The health benefits of mushrooms include relief from high cholesterol levels, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and diabetes. It also helps in weight loss, and increases the strength of your immune system. Organic Facts
The more colorful your food the better!!
Things I am thankful for:
- My husband went shopping for me on Sunday in exchange for hanging out with his big brother for the afternoon! Yessss!
- Swimming tires my kids out completely. My no-napping three year old gladly jumps in bed with me and let’s me read to her.
- That I have pushed my family in to healthy routines! We bike or go to the park after dinner every night! Sunday is church day no fail! I started waking up before my husband leaves for work. I meditate and set the mood so he wakes up relaxed listening to jazz or guitar instrumentals. If I don’t push us who will?!?!